Documentary ‘Free to play’
“Free to Play” takes its cameras away from the traditional half-way line and goes inside a Danish prison to explore sport as a form of rehabilitation. Focusing on prisoners in an open prison, this documentary seeks to investigate sports potential for social inclusion in Denmark. Discovering how four prisoners themselves experience sport as part of a structured program. The human reality of how sport is played in prison will bring new light to an often-grey area.
This documentary was built with support from the European Commission,
within the preparatory action 2010 ‘Prisoners on the move’.
This product is not expressing opinions from the European Commission”
- Sport et Citoyennneté
- Universitat de Valéncia Estudi General
- The Danish Ministry of Justice – Prisons and Probation Service
- Centrul Roman Pentru Eucatie Si Dezvoltare Umana
- The Belgium Ministry of Justice – Prison Service
- International Centre for Ethics in Sport
- De Rode Antraciet vzw